Thank you so much for checking out my blog! I look forward to updating you on everything that goes on here in El Salvador. I'm excited to see how the Lord will work in me and through me while serving out this calling. Thank you to everyone who has played a role in this process, I am truly blessed! I pray you will be encouraged by what you see and hear through my journey! God bless :)

Monday, April 30, 2012

And then there was one...

I title my blog "And then there was one.." because one of our short-term missionaries, David, left this morning to head back to the states. I will be the only short-termer here for a little over a week...but then we will receive another girl soon! Living with 5 people for two months and now not, has given me much more time to think and reflect. I am so blown away by how awesome our fellowship was that only God blessed us with. It was absolutely incredible and I for sure miss everyone, but we have all been called to different places in different ways and times.

With this free time I've really been praying and thinking much more about my future. To be quite honest, I have no clue what the next step of my life will be after this trip. I know that this time here in El Salvador is not only a time to serve and be transformed, but to prepare me for what is next. The only thing is that I do not know what God has in store for that "next" part of my life. But the beautiful thing is that I may not know what it is...but I know WHO knows. I am continually giving it up to Jesus to steady my anxious heart for the unknown in the future. I would appreciate your prayers that God would give me peace and joy to not worry about what is next and KNOW that He will reveal the next step in His perfect timing, like He always does.

As far as ministry activities down here, all has been wonderful! English class has been fantastic and the students are really learning, but most of all ENJOYING it. We had a going away party for David on Wednesday and it was awesome to see how much of an impact he has made on these students. How sweet it was to see this poor community bringing gifts to him, buying a cake and drinks for the whole class to have! One of the moms even began crying as we were talking with her. It was such a beautiful thing to be apart of.

I was also blessed to be able to feed the homeless for the 3rd time here. Every time we go out, it's such a great wake up call to see that people literally are living on the streets and the meal we give may be the first one they've had in a while or for that day. Thanks to Jesus for providing the resources to make it possible!

I have a little more than a month left here and already do not want it to be that close. Every day the people, kids, culture, and language grows closer and closer to my heart. Please be praying like you have been...because I sure can feel it! I cannot thank you enough for you love, support, and encouragement! I feel truly privileged and blessed!

Praising the Lord,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment