Thank you so much for checking out my blog! I look forward to updating you on everything that goes on here in El Salvador. I'm excited to see how the Lord will work in me and through me while serving out this calling. Thank you to everyone who has played a role in this process, I am truly blessed! I pray you will be encouraged by what you see and hear through my journey! God bless :)

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Only one week left

Today is the official 1 week mark. It still baffles me how quickly time passes by. My prayer is that this week will go by SLOWLY and I'll ENJOY every little detail. Here's a little update on a few things that happened this past week:

~I was able to help prepare meals for the homeless for the 4th time being here. It's always so cool seeing tons of bags being filled with food and knowing that someone's belly is going to be full that night.
~The music pastor from our church asked me to sing again. So that was an honor to be able to practice with the worship team on a Saturday night and to sing for the morning and night service on Sunday. Both songs were in Spanish...and one was a personal favorite.."Hosanna" by Hillsong United.
~Me, Marissa (another short-termer), Eliseo & Josue (local missionaries here) all went to the El Salvador Zoo. I think one of the funniest things for me was that the first animal we saw was a raccoon! I'll admit that it was much bigger than I expected, so we had a pretty good time looking at all the animals.
~I told the kids that my last day would be this coming Monday, and they were all sad and kept repeating.. "Noooo...nooo...whyyy. Don't go!" What a precious thing to know that they care for me...because I sure do care for them and have so much love for every one of those students. They have definitely made an impact on me.

I just want to thank you all again for taking the time to read my blog, pray for me, and support me every day that I have been here. I love you guys!
~Lorena
Yes...this is proof that they have raccoons in their zoo!

This sweet guy is Mario. Every time I see him he ALWAYS has a smile for me.
I was blessed to sit behind him in church and see his little bible with different verses highlighted...
so precious!

No comments:

Post a Comment