Thank you so much for checking out my blog! I look forward to updating you on everything that goes on here in El Salvador. I'm excited to see how the Lord will work in me and through me while serving out this calling. Thank you to everyone who has played a role in this process, I am truly blessed! I pray you will be encouraged by what you see and hear through my journey! God bless :)

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Family Time in the Month of August

Friends and Family,

It's good to connect with you and share all the fun blessings that God has given during August. I hope each and every one of you have had a wonderful Summer as well.

As I mentioned in my last post, my parents were able to visit me here in El Salvador for the first time! Aaannnddd...they were able to celebrate my 25th birthday with me. It was such a blessing for me to have my parents see with their own eyes where I live, who I work with,  and what I do on a daily basis. Although it was much too short, I'm so grateful for the time God allowed them to be here with me. My parents enjoyed their visit so much that we were able to spontaneously send down my youngest brother, Thomas, the week after they left. Thomas also loves the Hispanic culture and it was his first time here in a country like El Salvador. We also had a great time and I enjoyed having him here with me. Having some of my family here was a much needed breath of fresh air after the non-stop months of June and July with the teams we received. Thank God for family and being able to enjoy their presence.

Since we didn't receive any teams the month of August, my schedule has been more relaxed and allowed me to spend that time with my family. However, volleyball has still be in full swing and we are loving it! It's been really cool to hear that the girls are more frequently asking to play other teams and making it their goal to actually have a real competition. Although our sweet little 10/11 years old are not ready for that yet, it excites me that they are growing a passion for the sport and want to be more competitive (a quality that is not often seen in girls here when it comes to sports). Most importantly Becky and I have continued to be very intentional about our faith in God and how it is the best decision they could make for their lives, through the means of our devotionals and value teachings.

The country of El Salvador itself has honestly been in pretty bad shape. It saddens me to hear of the daily killings that occur. It is all gang related but even mistakes are made and innocent people who are mistaken for someone else or family members and people associated with the gangs also suffer the consequences. I personally don't feel scared or at risk, but am taking every  precaution I can and try to be as wise as possible. The simple fact that I am American and am a missionary does put a huge safeguard around me, but I also know and can feel that the power of prayer is strongly at work around me. It truly amazes me how God has protected me everywhere I go. The places where I work at are not good places, but praise be to the Lord who covers and cares for His children who aim to walk in His ways. I do not for a minute take for granted God's Holy Spirit protecting me through the means of prayer. Thank you for praying for me, but I ask of you to be in constant prayer for this country. People need to hear of God's amazing love to be changed by it and to find hope that only He can give. Please join me in interceding for the people of El Salvador and that God may bring peace to His sons and daughters here.

On a more lighter note, I was again gifted with the opportunity to come back to Ohio for a short time to attend a good family friends wedding and go on vacation to Tennessee with my family. This time I was able to be with my entire family and be able to relax back in the States. I love El Salvador more than I can express, but it's so nice to be back home where I can really be at ease and enjoy being around my family. I wish I could have visited with many of you, but it's really tough when I'm only back home for a short period.

I will wrap up my update for now and wish all of you blessings and a great start to this fall season! Thanks for all you do and who you are. Couldn't be where I am without each and every one of you!


God bless,
Lauren :)

No comments:

Post a Comment