Thank you so much for checking out my blog! I look forward to updating you on everything that goes on here in El Salvador. I'm excited to see how the Lord will work in me and through me while serving out this calling. Thank you to everyone who has played a role in this process, I am truly blessed! I pray you will be encouraged by what you see and hear through my journey! God bless :)

Friday, October 30, 2015

October Update: New chapters to come

Hello everyone,
This will probably be my last update before I head back to the States and say goodbye to my lovely El Salvador. I can't believe it's already been a year since I first made the big move down here. So many emotions, memories, and thoughts run through my mind and it's hard to put everything into words.

I guess I would like to start off with just giving a big thanks first and foremost to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Without Him in my life I would have never even imagined the adventures He has lead me to, the people He's placed in my life, and the changes He has made in me for the good. The best decision I have ever made in my life and will ever make, was allowing Him to lead my life and take control of who I am. Thank you God for yet another beautiful chapter you have allowed to be part of my life.

Secondly, I want to thank my family! They unselfishly "let me go" so that I could follow God's plan that led me to live here in El Salvador. Not only did they trust in me, but gave me constant support and always reminded me how much they've missed me and love me. It's been tough being away from them but as the phrase goes, "Distance makes the heart grow fonder". I'm so grateful for the family that God put me in. It will be a blessing as well to have my dad here in ES for my last week before I head home.

Lastly, thanks to all of my friends, coworkers, classmates, teammates, neighbors, parents of friends, churches and anybody else who has been on this journey with me! Without you none of this would have ever been possible. Because you opened up your heart to support me in multiple ways, I have been blessed to serve without any restrictions simply because I had you as a source of support, encouragement, and constant motivation. Together, I believe we have touched lives here in El Salvador and will continue impacting the people, all for God's glory.

This last month has been one focusing on finishing well and taking care of minor details. I've been in the process of closing out all the things that one needs to do when moving; ending contracts, selling/giving things away, saying my goodbyes, etc. It's not an easy process but God is faithful even in the hard times.

Tomorrow we will celebrate Halloween with our volleyball girls as they have earned their 2nd All-nighter/PJ party. (Look for pics on Facebook!) They've been doing their best to show good behavior, have good attendance, and even did a community trash clean up. They are really looking forward to the fun to come!  I'm happy to say that the other coach Becky will still continue volleyball, even after I am gone...but I ask that you pray for another coach/helper/missionary to come along and have the same passion for these girls that we do. Life is so much better when there's someone else helping you along the way.

I was able to visit one of my favorite ministries one last time yesterday, and that was in the Island. We were able to give out around 30 food baskets to families that were in dire need of the aid. I have tons more pictures on Facebook but will put a few here in this update. Within this month the Lord has moved in big ways and many different families and individuals have heard the Gospel and accepted Christ as their Lord and leader of their life! Please continue to pray for these people to continue to accept God and stay encouraged and grow in him. Pray for the Guillen family who dedicates their life to help their fellow Island residents. Also that God would continue blessing the families in their physical needs.

My last prayer request is for my transition back home. As happy as I am to return to family and friends, it's difficult leaving my new family and friends here. El Salvador has grown so close to my heart and in all honesty I would love to stay for longer...but God's calling to go back home is quite clear and I long to be obedient to Him first and foremost. I have adapted so much to the culture here and have even adopted some things in my own life. There are things I love about the people and ways here that we don't necessarily practice or do in the States, and that can be hard. There hasn't been a single day where I have woken up and not looked forward to the day ahead. What a blessing it has been to love each and every day that I have lived in ES!! I'm not sure as to the specific plan God has for me upon my return, so I'm seeking Him in prayer that He will show me in the right timing.

Although I won't be physically living in ES, I still love to be a bridge between the 2 cultures and hope that's something I can continue to do no matter where I reside. In the coming months I will be featuring the different ministries and missionaries here on my blog and elsewhere so that you can continue to be part of the mission that God is doing in ES and still have an opportunity to support people who truly deserve it and love to serve Jesus and His people. I encourage you to stay tuned and to continue investing your life into the lives of others and ultimately God's kingdom.

Look forward to seeing many of you upon my return and it has been a privilege to serve alongside you. I pray that we may continue in the mission together in whatever way the Lord has in store!

With much love!

Lauren :)


 The Guillen family (just missing their dad who's at work)
 Natalia with her food basket for the family
 Wonderful and appreciative family with their food baskets
Our volleyball girls cleaning up trash in the community sports complex
Even when I go to the beach to relax, the kids find me and we have a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment