Thank you so much for checking out my blog! I look forward to updating you on everything that goes on here in El Salvador. I'm excited to see how the Lord will work in me and through me while serving out this calling. Thank you to everyone who has played a role in this process, I am truly blessed! I pray you will be encouraged by what you see and hear through my journey! God bless :)

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Last week...

So it is sad for me to say...but this is my last week here in El Salvador. I knew the time would fly by, but I just don't want to realize it. I have been praying that this week would go by slowly, and in a way it sort of has. I have been preparing this week for my kids to take a standard exam on Friday to pass the class and graduate onto the next level. Unfortunately I won't be able to be physically present at their graduation, again, but it has been an honor to be apart of the teaching process and prepare them for this next step. I was so blessed to be here when the classes first started...and it has grown so much in so many ways. This ministry "Speaking Hope" is so near and dear to my heart, and I want you all to know what a blessing it has been to be supported by you all and bless these kids with the English classes and so much more that it offers.

Update on last weekend. God showed up in BIG ways at the soccer schools "Pijamada" or All-nighter. Jesus just worked out all details, and we just showed up to serve Him and His wonderful children. The night was FULL of activities, prizes, time of reflection, and so much more. Something like this is an opportunity that these kids and families may never have had, or never will. Our theme was "More than Conquerors". And this related to being more than conquerors in Christ. Not only did the kids have fun, but they had an opportunity to watch an inspirational soccer video on Christian players, and listen to a beautiful word given by the soccer school's 22 year-old director, Jonathan Maltez. (To find out more....visit his blog http://jonathanmaltez.blogspot.com/)  Joyfully, there were several kids, adults, and families to raised their hands to say, "Yes...I want to be more than a conqueror in Jesus Christ". What a wonderful moment.

Thank you for ALL your prayers in this event and also my energy. Somehow God gave me the strength I needed to stay up alllllll night (which I have NEVER done in my life) and have a ball with these kids. It was lots of work but SO worth it! The Lord even gave me 3 hrs of sleep on Saturday then enough strength to run an 8K to raise awarness and support for kids around the world. Somehow Jonathan and I even came in 3rd place! How crazy!

I continually thank you for all your support and the wonderful things you've allowed me to be apart of in God's Kingdom. But know that Im not the only one that is helping...YOU all are very much apart of all of this as well! Here are a few pictures of the All-nighter Friday/Saturday! Enjoy and please continue to pray for the rest of my journey here! God bless you so much!!!

Love,
Lauren









No comments:

Post a Comment