Thank you so much for checking out my blog! I look forward to updating you on everything that goes on here in El Salvador. I'm excited to see how the Lord will work in me and through me while serving out this calling. Thank you to everyone who has played a role in this process, I am truly blessed! I pray you will be encouraged by what you see and hear through my journey! God bless :)

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Update

Well I think it's about time for an update.

To be honest it has all been kind of a blur. With only 2 weeks left down here I have been trying to enjoy enjoy and enjoy what God has allowed me to live here every day. This week with the students we have just been learning and having fun together. I love how this new curriculum focuses so much on Biblical principles. We just finished the story about "Jesus and the disciples". After the previous week of sharing things about my grandmother and the Gospel...I was able to find some good little booklets to pass out to the kids who accepted Christ into their hearts.  Be praying that the words written about Christ really connect to their hearts and they grow a hunger to KNOW the Lord. It has been such a privilege knowing these precious ones and teaching them a second language that can greatly help them. Although we have some wonderful short term missionaries to help keep this English ministry going, we are really in need for a long-term person to be able to take over the ministry. I know that God WILL provide someone for this beautiful ministry and will help it to grow and flourish for the LORD.

As far as the Soccer School...we have been preparing for an all-nighter pijama party. It will be a fun and great opportunity to get all the kids in the soccer school and their families together. We are planning to do a whole bunch of activities all throughout the night.  It is a wonderful blessing to provide the kids and their families with an activity which will be free of charge to them. Things such as these are able to happen by YOUR financial support and prayers. I look forward to posting many photos of this wonderful event.

Please be praying for my health and energy this weekend. I will be up all night on friday...have a few hours to sleep  then run a 5K on Saturday, then go to worship band practice, then wake up Sunday early for church. Just a lot packed into one small weekend.

We all look forward to having missionary David tonight. He has served here in El Salvador for many months before, 3 months when I was here as well, and will be here for 2 months again.

Thank you so much for your prayers! If you have never noticed...Prayer is POWERFUL!!!

With much love that the Lord has given me,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment