Thank you so much for checking out my blog! I look forward to updating you on everything that goes on here in El Salvador. I'm excited to see how the Lord will work in me and through me while serving out this calling. Thank you to everyone who has played a role in this process, I am truly blessed! I pray you will be encouraged by what you see and hear through my journey! God bless :)

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

And so the journey begins....

I'm so excited and blessed to begin this journey to El Salvador, and I appreciate everyone for taking the time to read this blog! For those who may not know all the details of where, why, how, and other questions regarding my trip, this first post will clear things up a bit!

Towards the end of my third year at Marshall U. my academic adviser said that I would be able to graduate a semester early. As I considered this opportunity I thought about what I could do with that time, and if I even wanted to graduate early. The more I thought and prayed about it, I felt that God was allowing me the choice to take that time and serve Him through a mission trip. The only thing was that I would be cutting my track & field career short, since both indoor and outdoor seasons are in the spring semester. As much as I love the sport and especially my teammates and coaches, I felt that this was the best choice for my life at this point and time. By the end of the summer I fully committed and began my application to serve with "Christ For the City International" (CFCI). 

I will be serving in El Salvador as a short-term missionary for FOUR MONTHS!! I have a huge passion for the Spanish language, culture, and people. I'm only a intermediate speaker but am hoping by the time I'm back in June I will be pretty fluent. As far as I know, I will have my hand in a few different ministries while in San Salvador. First, I will get to put my Biological Science degree to use and help out in a medical clinic. I also have the opportunity to get involved in some sport's and children's ministries while I am there. But I will be keeping you updated once I'm actually down there. :)

Right now I'm just seeking the Lord and asking Him to prepare me for all aspects of this trip. As well as preparing spiritually, I have been raising financial support to make this possible. Please be praying for that, and if you feel God nudging you to help me financially you can contact me and I can give you the details on how to do that!

Check back for more posts.....

God Bless, 

Lauren :)

No comments:

Post a Comment