Thank you so much for checking out my blog! I look forward to updating you on everything that goes on here in El Salvador. I'm excited to see how the Lord will work in me and through me while serving out this calling. Thank you to everyone who has played a role in this process, I am truly blessed! I pray you will be encouraged by what you see and hear through my journey! God bless :)

Monday, March 5, 2012

Praise God for the little things!

I want to take the time tonight just to praise the Lord for the small things in life that we often look past, or take for granted. Things like going to the bathroom normally. I praise God that after about a month of living here, I believe that my stomach has finally adjusted to the food here and it is wonderful! Yay :) On a more serious note, this Saturday the missionaries and I had the privilege to serve the homeless on the streets. We made and put together about 100 bags of food and rode around in a pickup truck, dropping them off to various locations and people. What an eye-opener to see so many people living on the sidewalks, under bridges, and in filth. Talk about being grateful for the roof over your head and food in your belly. While we may not be able to solve all world hunger at once, we can help one person at a time, through one meal at a time.

I also just praise God, and thank you, for all the protection that is around us. I KNOW that our prayers are being heard by God as He has kept us all safe. I don't know if I have expressed this yet, but me and the other missionaries really do stick out. I saw three other "gringos" about a week ago and was in shock! But God has been so kind by putting His angels all around us and keeping us safe! I ask that you continue to pray for all of our safety, keeping our bodies healthy, help with speaking the language, and the hearts of the people all around us! Thank you for your support and your prayers! I feel truly blessed by you :)



God bless you and show you His love more and more every day :)
Lorena


No comments:

Post a Comment