Thank you so much for checking out my blog! I look forward to updating you on everything that goes on here in El Salvador. I'm excited to see how the Lord will work in me and through me while serving out this calling. Thank you to everyone who has played a role in this process, I am truly blessed! I pray you will be encouraged by what you see and hear through my journey! God bless :)

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

I'm here in El Salvador

If you haven't already seen from my facebook page, I am in El Salvador and all safe & sound. I arrived Sunday afternoon and was welcomed by two great friends, who took me out to eat my favorite type of pupusa before heading straight to the church. Part of this week has been holiday for the people down here so  the church we work in has been putting on different activities for the community.

A team from Texas held a music clinic on Monday and then a Children's event on Tuesday. Both events were so great and I feel like all involved walked away with a smile and had a good time. For me it's been a big blessing and joy to see familiar faces of friends, some of who are really like family. I feel like I'm back in my second home. I don't know why I seem to forget it at times, but the people I know here are just such beautiful people. I have received the most welcoming hugs, kisses, smiles, and greetings from every person here.  It's really good to be back!

For the most part I will be plugged into the similar ministries that I was the last time. I'll be helping with English classes and also a little bit more with the Soccer ministry. Please be praying that God uses me effectively and not just to "fill in", but to really make an impact for HIM. I came here trying to have no expectations or the attitude of  "I've already been here and have it figured out." I absolutely do not want to have that mindset, but rather have an open heart to serve in some capacity, whether small or large, and be obedient to what Jesus is saying to me.

Thank you all for your concern, prayers, and support in this journey. God has given me SO MUCH JOY through you! I pray you are encouraged and filled with joy as well! :)

Enjoy some of the pictures!

Lauren


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update Lauren! Enjoy your ministry down there.

    ReplyDelete