Thank you so much for checking out my blog! I look forward to updating you on everything that goes on here in El Salvador. I'm excited to see how the Lord will work in me and through me while serving out this calling. Thank you to everyone who has played a role in this process, I am truly blessed! I pray you will be encouraged by what you see and hear through my journey! God bless :)

Friday, August 16, 2013

Update

I think it's about that time to give you all an update on how things are going here. As far as ministry goes, I've been able to help out in both the English classes and also in the soccer school. I will say, English classes are a bit different than when I was here the last time teaching classes. The current teacher is a local, which is so good because the kids get a consistent face and it's guaranteed that there will always be someone there, as opposed to missionaries who come and go and may not be down here all throughout the year. However, the style of teaching has lacked a bit of fun and a dynamic aspect. But we are putting our talents together to not only learn but also have fun WHILE learning! Today the kids take their final exams to see if they pass or not, so the next 2 weeks we will run a type of workshop to practice more conversing and throw some fun in there before the "official" cycle begins again in September. Please be praying that not only will the kids gain more knowledge to speak and understand English, but also that the presence of God fills up that room for each and every class.

For our soccer school, we have seen a huge growth in the number of kids who attend..which is so wonderful, but there are only so many coaches to be there. Please be in prayer for God to pour many more resources into the school to keep it thriving and a place where sport and God collide!


I typically don't share much personal details via the Internet, but God has been extremely kind to me for also allowing time to spend with Jonathan. This time together was much needed and I'm grateful that God is taking full control of our relationship. I love being able to see him serve in the gifts he's been blessed with and also work alongside him. We always are open to your prayers for our journey together :)

Below are a few pictures: The first is of me teaching Erik, who is our main singer for church, one of the few songs I know on guitar. The next is Kayla, the wife of coach Julio, and their precious son who I always say that I'm going to take home with me. And the final photo is of Jonathan coaching the Level 3 kids on Saturday.

Blessings,
Lauren :)




No comments:

Post a Comment