Thank you so much for checking out my blog! I look forward to updating you on everything that goes on here in El Salvador. I'm excited to see how the Lord will work in me and through me while serving out this calling. Thank you to everyone who has played a role in this process, I am truly blessed! I pray you will be encouraged by what you see and hear through my journey! God bless :)

Sunday, February 5, 2012

2 days away!

I cannot even grasp that I am leaving in 2 days! This week has flown by but I've had a blast hanging out with my family, double-checking every detail, and catching up with friends before I go. The Lord has been so good leading up to my departure and now it's time to finally "Go into the world".

Last night I received some great parting gifts from our neighbors, who are pretty much my second parents. They also went to Marshall so we have an even greater bond from that. But the picture below shows me and Wayne with a pocket knife, a Marshall clip, and some Marshall hats to give away (which weren't shown)...gotta love it :)


Another thing is that I felt the desire to not cut my hair until I return from El Salvador and donate it to "Locks of Love". Although I may not be able to find the cure for Cancer, I have been blessed to grow long/healthy hair and I can do something as small as give part of my hair to someone who doesn't have that ability at the moment. I'm really excited to be able to do this! So, I've taken some pictures from the "Before" and will take some more once I return to see the "After". I have a feeling it's going to be crazy long and harder to manage...but so worth it!




Please be praying for me on Tuesday morning! My flight leaves from Dayton at 6am!
God Bless :)

1 comment:

  1. Trusting you made it there safe and sound. I'll be looking forward to your updates! -Chris

    ReplyDelete