Thank you so much for checking out my blog! I look forward to updating you on everything that goes on here in El Salvador. I'm excited to see how the Lord will work in me and through me while serving out this calling. Thank you to everyone who has played a role in this process, I am truly blessed! I pray you will be encouraged by what you see and hear through my journey! God bless :)

Friday, February 17, 2012

I feel it!

So ya'll definitely must be praying because I sure am feeling your prayers! I was a little nervous for teaching English but it has been sooo wonderful! The Lord has been awesome in providing a peace, strength, and the words to say! Every Monday and Friday David and I teach English in the morning for about an hour to an hour and a half to about 30 kids, and a few adults as well. Then in the afternoon we switch with Douache and Jimmy and help coach in the soccer school. However the four of us flip-flop on Wednesdays, and the afternoon English session has between 60-70 kids!! It's truly amazing to see how much the people here want to learn English. The show up to class ready with notebooks and pencils in hand! :) It is SUCH a privilege to have the knowledge of English and know enough Spanish to be able to provide for someone else. I think it's cool how God uses things in our life that we take for granted (like speaking English) in order to serve someone else! What a beautiful God He is! Teaching English in the community of Altavista has become such a huge hit just within 3 classes that it has reached the attention of the government of the neighboring/bigger city of "Tonacatepeque". A few important people will be coming in the morning on Monday to see what we are doing and check things out! What an AMAZING thing! This will be so good for "Christ for the City" because it will shed some more light on our organization and the ministries that we are involved in! We really are so excited!

We that's it for now, I'm about to eat the most praised and favorite food here in El Salvador...the "pupusa". Here's a few pictures!! Thank you all! With the love the Christ...Lauren :)










4 comments:

  1. GET IT GIRL! Seeing the pics totally reminds me of our time just south of there in Honduras. You are such a light, Lauren... and you know that I love that you are teaching there, with teaching being my language and all! haha God is so using you there, can definitely tell. Embrace the moments... cling to the cross... loving people well (esp those kids!).

    Love ya friend... and praying for you... keep the updates coming when you get a chance along the way!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see pictures and hear that God is...being God lol. So excited for you and this awesome opportunity! Love u and look forward to reading more of your posts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren!! I miss you so much!! And I love reading about everything that you are doing down there! You are such an inspiration to everyone! I was thinking about maybe looking into the Peace Corps after I graduate. I remember a teacher telling me how amazing it was to be able to serve others! I will be praying for you! Love you and miss you!! :)
    Alecia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lauren!!

    I am so excited to get to see your blog!! It looks like you are doing so well over there :) That is awesome girl, you are such an amazing person.. Ian and I are so happy for you! I tell him all the time how you motivate me to be a better person in all that I do.. We miss you so much and and I can't wait to skype with you so I can see your faceeee!

    I love you girl and you are in my prayers :)

    Britt

    ReplyDelete