Thank you so much for checking out my blog! I look forward to updating you on everything that goes on here in El Salvador. I'm excited to see how the Lord will work in me and through me while serving out this calling. Thank you to everyone who has played a role in this process, I am truly blessed! I pray you will be encouraged by what you see and hear through my journey! God bless :)

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Pictures!

Hello! I have pictures! This is just a little taste of what I have been doing so far. A lot of things have been activities that give us an idea of what we will be doing while here. I help out a bit with the soccer ministry...I absolutely LOVE the kids. They are so energetic and full of life! So many of them come from crazy harsh backgrounds and do not have the greatest lives at home, yet they still play soccer with all they have and a smile on their face! The fellowship here has been wonderful and the people embrace you with all they have. I'm so blessed to be here and realize how wonderful life can be when we truly invest in people to truly know them and become friends. It has only been day 5 and I feel as though these people are my family. After the second church service tonight, the pastor invited us to his mothers house for dinner...which was so great! I've enjoyed ALL the food so far! Can't wait to experience more!!
Cristo Para la Ciudad Internacional short-term and long term missionaries.
 Me and a couple of sweet, but goofy soccer students!
             Im actually not too bad at soccer, with the little guys! :)
A view of the field. These guys play completely on sand!
          Before every soccer session the director of the soccer school, Maltez, leads a devotion for all the boys.
The other missionaries who I live with! David (Ohio), Jimmy (Kentucky), Ashley (Oregon), Duache (Minnesota), and me!

Tomorrow I will be teaching English with David in the morning, then helping with soccer in the afternoon. I have been doing surprisingly well with speaking Spanish, but still have a lot to learn. So please pray for me to learn more of the language, speak with fluency, and be able to teach these kids!

I soo appreciate you!
Love you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment