Thank you so much for checking out my blog! I look forward to updating you on everything that goes on here in El Salvador. I'm excited to see how the Lord will work in me and through me while serving out this calling. Thank you to everyone who has played a role in this process, I am truly blessed! I pray you will be encouraged by what you see and hear through my journey! God bless :)

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I'm here!

Hola!
I am here in El Salvador, safe and sound! It has already been a wonderful experience! The people that I've met and will be working with are so great! There are two other American girls living in the same room as me, and we are all short term missionaries. Also there are two American guys who live in the room next door and will also be involved in some of the same ministries.

The first day I just got settled in, met people from the organization, and helped a little with getting things ready for  the new mission house. The people here have put a lot of work into this missionary house for people like me, who come here from short-term mission trips. It has been wonderful to have people cook authentic food for us.

Today we all helped out in the soccer ministry. I had a blast playing with all the kids. The school here in Soyapango has so many kids that they split them up and have half in the morning and the other half in the afternoon. So there are two groups that we teach soccer skills to, and also someone who does a devotion beforehand. The kids, so far, are all boys and range between ages 4-16 years old or so.

This week our schedule won't be the typical schedule just because we have orientations, meetings and such. But as of next week on Mondays,Wednesdays, and Fridays I will be teaching English in the morning and playing soccer in the afternoons at the Soccer School. Tuesdays and Thursdays I work in the medical clinic in the AM and we visit "Benedicion de Dios" which is in the slums of San Salvador, in order to teach English to children in the PM. Every Thursday we also have a staff meeting to discuss how things are going and talk about our faith and walk with the Lord. The weekends are sort of our days off, however there are optional activities that we can get involved in, which I will most likely be doing. I will give more details as the days come and also post pictures as I take them! Just wanted to give ya'll an overview of how things are going and tell you I'm FINALLY here! :)

Thanks for all your prayers! Love you all!
God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment