Thank you so much for checking out my blog! I look forward to updating you on everything that goes on here in El Salvador. I'm excited to see how the Lord will work in me and through me while serving out this calling. Thank you to everyone who has played a role in this process, I am truly blessed! I pray you will be encouraged by what you see and hear through my journey! God bless :)

Saturday, September 8, 2012

God moves

God moves...in areas we don't expect...in the timing that may not have been what we thought...and in ways that just blow my mind! I praise that Lord for His blessings that come even out of difficult times!

As I shared with you all before, I have been looking forward to the opportunity to share with my students my faith and how they too can choose to have the Lord live inside their hearts and follow Him. As I shared with my morning class on Friday about my grandmother passing away..they were all very compassionate and listening with full focus. God opened up a beautiful moment to share why I could be happy even though my grandma had just died. I shared the reasons why I KNEW she was in heaven...and explained how each and every one of them could know as well. After God so graciously bestowed me with the words to speak...4 kids and 1 mom raised their hands, saying that they prayed in their heart to live a life with Jesus and also believed in all that He did for us. What a great moment to see those precious hands raised up. I cannot begin to describe to you my feelings, after knowing each and every one of those 5 so well. To see them come to English class day in and day out, knowing their personalities...and now seeing their desire to be forgiven and want to walk a life with God...it is simply unexplainable!

Thank you so much for your prayers and I ask that you continue to be praying as I hope to have the opportunity to do the same with my afternoon class on Wednesday. Also that God would provide ways to follow up with every person who took Christ into their hearts.

As many of you may know...right now I am at home in Ohio to be with family and attend my grandmas viewing/funeral which will be on Tuesday. I will go back to El Salvador on Wednesday and finish my service there. Hallelujah for having a wonderful father who works and travels so hard which afforded him miles to fly me home and back for free! I am truly grateful!

God certainly has been working in ways that make me praise Him and appreciate who He is, and also all He does. The Lord works in so many ways and I wonder about all the things He does that you and I don't even moment.

Take a moment to stop....listen....then praise Him for all He has done in your life, is doing right now, and will do. Thank Him for the things we see and also for the unseen.

Thank you for taking part in this journey of life with me :)
I am eternally grateful!

In the warm, tender love of Jesus,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment