Thank you so much for checking out my blog! I look forward to updating you on everything that goes on here in El Salvador. I'm excited to see how the Lord will work in me and through me while serving out this calling. Thank you to everyone who has played a role in this process, I am truly blessed! I pray you will be encouraged by what you see and hear through my journey! God bless :)

Monday, September 3, 2012

Greater things are yet to come...

Time sure does fly by fast doesn't it? Already I've spent 2 weeks here in El Salvador. I'm happy to report that life back in El Salvador has been an easy adjustment and I feel right back at home. Of course I really do miss my family a lot, and friends as well.

My schedule has been pretty much the same as last week..English classes 3 days a week and church activities. But this week in church was a little different. All through the week there was some sort of service which all focused on family. I absolutely love learning about this topic because it better prepares me for the type of family I wish to have in the future. One thing that a Pastor said in church was that when a husband and wife have Christ as the center of their hearts and their relationship...then it's like they have an umbrella over top of them...covering and protecting. It does not meant there will be not storms, but it does mean that you will be protected. Not only are the man and wife covered...but also the children and covered under this Godly protection. The service went into more detail but I really enjoyed the analogy.

I am excited to share that this Friday I believe I will have the opportunity to specifically share Christ with my students in the English classes. Please be praying for their hearts to be open, and for the words the flow through me..in Spanish! I will also be able to sing again this Sunday for church and am very excited for that as well!

Thank you for taking the time to read this and care! I will be better about taking pictures and try to post some up!
In the love of Christ,
Lauren

1 comment:

  1. We love reading your posts! The kids are praying for you every night and we enjoy learning about your time in El Salvador! Hurry home! xoxo

    ReplyDelete