Thank you so much for checking out my blog! I look forward to updating you on everything that goes on here in El Salvador. I'm excited to see how the Lord will work in me and through me while serving out this calling. Thank you to everyone who has played a role in this process, I am truly blessed! I pray you will be encouraged by what you see and hear through my journey! God bless :)

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Sometimes..only the Lord knows why...

There are times in our lives when things happen that we really just don't understand. These past couple of days have been a time where I just sit and say..."Hmm..why now Lord?". This Tuesday night I received a facebook message from my older brother telling me to pray immediately because our Grandma was care flighted to a hospital. This news came out of nowhere and really left me in shock. I really didn't know all the details until today when I was finally able to talk to my parents on Skype.

Long story short...my Grandma had an artery burst in her brain and was on life support until today. Where our entire family decided it was best to take her off of it since there was no brain activity and she would remain just with a beating heart. All of this happened in a flash and left me wondering..Why? Why now when I'm in El Salvador. Why now when my grandmother was in fairly good health? Why now when our cousin just a baby boy? Why now, before I am married and she could see me walk down the aisle? But I've come to realize that there are things that happen in our life without knowing the "why's". This is where complete faith and trust in God come in. There are things that only the Lords knows and He does them for the better. My favorite verse is in Romans 8:28 where it says, "And we know that in all things, God works for the good of those, who love him; who have been called according to His purpose." In ALL things...God works for our good. In death, in life, in sorrow, in happiness....God is always working for our GOOD, because He LOVES us. I truly believe this and choose to trust in His perfect Will.

I can already see a blessing through this hard time. Praise the Lord that my grandma was one of the most faithful servants of Jesus that I know. She was a TRUE example of a obedient, selfless, woman of Christ. Because of this I can rejoice knowing that our Heavenly Father is so thrilled to finally embrace her in His arms. It has also allowed me a wonderful opportunity and window to share this with my students. It is the perfect way to explain why I KNOW my grandma is in Heaven right now. I am so pleased and blessed to honor the Lord and my grandma in her passing, but sharing the love of the Savior to these precious Salvadoreans. 

My family has been so blessed to have a loving father who works so hard for his family and travels very often. In saying this, he continually earns traveling miles and has enough to send me home tomorrow and also to bring me back to El Salvador to finish my service down here. I will leave El Salvador tomorrow at 12:40 pm and return around Wednesday in the afternoon. Please be in prayer for travel mercies and for the funeral on Saturday. Pray especially for my mother and her siblings as it is their mother who has passes. Would you also please keep my students in your prayers. That tomorrow and Wednesday their hearts will be open to the power of Christ and my words (in Spanish) will be from the Lord. I pray that God does a mighty work in their souls and they make the decision to live for Him and Him alone.

Have I told you all before how much I truly appreciate and love you all? Thank you, sincerely, for who you are and what you do!
In the love of Jesus Christ,
Lauren :)


No comments:

Post a Comment